All of Mohawk Farmer’s plants and seedlings are heirlooms and organically grown, free of pesticides, synthetic chemicals and fertilizers. Most everything we grow is grown from our own seeds that we’ve saved ourselves. Although we are a growing operation, our quantities are limited but we make every effort to meet the needs of our customers. We want you to have what you need when you need it!
Heirlooms, “The only unaltered, pure, secure food source”
Heirlooms are proven to possess a much higher nutritional value since they maintain their original traits. Heirlooms also maintain their flavor and texture traits. This is why they taste better than commercial, conventionally grown vegetables because those traits remain unaltered. If grown organically, these traits are even further enhanced.
Because the quantities of our plants and seedlings are limited, we happily accept orders for and will reserve plants and seedlings as well as anything else we offer for our customers convenience. Orders are filled first then any plants or seedlings we have available and unspoken for can be reserved for pick up at the farm.
PRE-ORDER NEXT SPRINGS PLANTS NOW AND ADD TWO EXTRA MONTHS TO YOUR NEXT GROWING SEASON.
We will help you plan next years garden and get you at least two months ahead of the season, pre-ordering your plants not only help you plan your garden but It also helps with developing large early producing plants. Pre-ordering is not necessary but defiantly helps our “sprouting” business. Call me for more information.
I will have limited varieties and sizes available. I do not grow every type every season. If I do not have what you want in stock, I can start specific types for you. Just email or fill in the form below. I will email back with a pick up date. I Do Not ship plants at this time.
Below is a list of the varieties I have available. Next to it is the approximate number of weeks it takes from seed if I start them for you. Example; if you would like to plant out Tomatoes March 1st, order Mid January.
Seedlings “6 pack” $6 (must be ordered) – 3 pack $5 – individual plants $2 and up
Medium Plants $5 – $10 individual plants in One Liter container
Large Plants $10-20 individual plants in Three Liter container
Usual planting dates: Spring/Summer crops (April-June) • Fall/Winter crops (August.-October.) Mohawk Farms is an indoor and outdoor farm, we can grow all year long so plants can be ordered at any time. See the Planting Guide for specific dates.
- Tomatoes 4-8 weeks: San Marzano, Chadwick Cherry, Roma, Egg Yolk, Homestead, Cherokee Purple, Yellow Pear, Brandywine, Ukrainian Purple, Everglade, Chocolate Cherry, Money Maker, Beefsteak, Early Girl
- Peppers 6-8 weeks : Mohawk, Cayenne, California Wonder Bell, Red Marconi, Golden Marconi, Buran Bell, Mini Bell, Hungarian Sweet Banana, Sweet Paprika, Jalapeno, Scotch Bonnet, Thai Hot
- Eggplant 8-10 weeks : Ping Tung, Florida High Bush
- Lettuce 4-6 weeks: Romaine, Lolla Rossa, Rossa di Trento, Webbs Wonderful
- Kale 4-6 weeks: Lacinato, Red Russian, Blue Curled
- Broccoli, Cabbage, Collards 4-6 weeks
- Okra 4-6 weeks: Cajun King, Star of David, Jing Orange
- Cucumbers 3-4 weeks: A&C, Suyo Long
- Orangeglo Watermelon 3-4 weeks
- Bush Beans 4 weeks: Contender, French String Bean, Goldmine Wax, Burpee Green Bush, Black Turtle black beans
- Peas 4 weeks: Sugar Ann Snap Pea, California Blackeye Pea
- Squash 3-4 weeks: Seminole Pumpkin Squash, Waltham Butternut Squash, Yellow Straightneck Squash
I have a variety of tobacco seeds, if you want tobacco plants ready for next season its good to start early indoors. I have some rare strains that would make a good addition to any garden. Contact me for more information.
We do not require a deposit for small orders. Large orders do require a small deposit which is determined at the time you place your order.
Orders and reserves that are not secured with a deposit and not picked up by agreed date will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
Pre-orders are required at the beginning of the season. Special orders are needed at seed starting time.
How to Order
To place an order, reserve plants or ask a question just fill in the form to the left and we will get back to you within 24 hours. Or call Benjamin’ : 226.938.1146